Monday, November 03, 2008

Oh joy, Christmas is here

I still have my jack-o-lanterns sitting on my front steps. Sure, it's only November 3rd but I am confused because I hear Christmas music. Yes, for us here in the Twin Cities that means that either KOOL 108 or WLTE made the flip. Well, this year it was KOOL 108 that has managed to sully the entire month of November.

Hell, my foot still hurts from the Halloween party keg stand and the brain wizards behind KOOL 108 want me to throw on my jingle bells and go a-wassaling. Hell no. It's beyond difficult to get in to the Christmas spirit when it's 72 degrees and my afternoon plans involve buying some freshly-clearanced Halloween candy.

Way to go Clear Channel radio, you've made me loathe the final two months of the year more than all of the Christmas-whoring retailers could possibly do. Should I pull the Christmas tree out of storage and put it up or set it on fire?

UPDATE:
KOOL 108 went back to their regular oldies music at 2 PM Monday. Whether it was a moment of sanity or listener outrage remains to be seen.

Will Christmas grace the pages of MinnPics? Not until December if I can help it.

5 comments:

cathouse teri said...

I don't even like Christmas in December, let alone now!

Bee's Musings said...

Sornie, don't get mad at me but I was listening to Christmas music on my iPod yesterday.

My year has been one elephant dump after another so I needed something to cheer me up and nothing does it better than knowing I will be receiving presents in the near future.

Oh yeah, giving is good too! ::rolls eyes::

The Doozie said...

I vote that you make a public display of your displeasure by lighting the tree on fire

Anonymous said...

Anybody know when they're scheduled to actually start continually playing christmas music? I'm actually really looking forward to it this year for some reason...

Sornie said...

WLTE 102.9 in Minneapolis went Christmas on Wednesday afternoon. I'm guessing that KOOL 108 will make the switch by the end of today (11/14).