Thursday, November 06, 2008

Let's talk breakfast

Meat. For a real, sit-down breakfast, nothing beats it. It's not exactly all that's on the plate of a hearty breakfast but it's definitely a necessary portion of it. Think about the typical breakfast you'd order at a sit-down restaurant. It consists of pancakes, eggs done your way, hash browns and choice of meat. Usually you choose from sausage in link or patty form or bacon strips. Once in a while you're thrown for a total loop and can choose a slab of ham or Canadian Bacon.

But those meat choices exist solely for breakfast. Have all tasty pork products (pork chops and ribs being the exception) been relegated to the A.M. hours? What did Canadian Bacon, Sausage and Bacon ever do to the rest of the day to get left behind in the morning hours?

Maybe Bacon verbally slandered Ground Beef and, let's face it, a cow is larger than a hog, the Ground Beef said "Hey Bacon, I'm sick of your damn lip, it's breakfast only for you or nothing at all." That assumption leads me to believe that bacon is all talk. Does this truly make beef the king of meats? It trumps the rest in shear size so it makes sense.

Finally, to the McDonald's "restaurant" on Interstate 90 in Austin, MN -- you owe me a hash brown patty. I knew I should have gone to the "downtown" McDonald's. A #4 meal still, as far as I know, consists of the sandwich drink and HASH BROWN PATTY.

No photos of Hogs or Cattle on MinnPics yet but I've got Llamas covered like a blanket.

6 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

dude! blt's! hawaiian pizza (although why CANADIAN bacon is on a HAWAIIAN pizza we may never know)! and sausage is used in lots of italian dishes.

Renaissance Woman said...

I don't like Canadian bacon...but love bacon. Random.

buffalodick said...

Only thing better than a sausage patty, is a bigger one!

Jules said...

Beef is the king of meat... as far as I'm concerned. Pork products taste too much like dirty farm pig to me. I should know, apparently when I was a little girl, I walked up to one and bit it in the arse. No, not really... but for a second there you thought I had some gumption, and it took your mind off the meat squabbles!

noisysmile said...

somebody's a little bitter. . .

but of course hash brown lovers are the kinds of people non hash brown lovers point and whisper at.

Sornie said...

That explains what all the stares and whispers have been about.