Thursday, April 10, 2008

Make it STOP!

Winter hasn't released its deathgrip quite yet -- supposedly. The weather reports, if you believe those fear-mongers, state that the greater Twin Cities area could receive nearly a foot of snow starting tonight (Thursday) and lasting as long as Saturday morning. While I call shenanigans on this, the forecast did prompt the following e-mail memo in my office.

If the weather reports are correct, we could get 8-10" of snow and sleet starting tonight. The safety of staff members and getting [projects] out the door tomorrow morning are obvious concerns, so anything you can do to speed things up would be greatly appreciated. Please try to get as much as you can wrapped up today.

I'll believe the hype when I'm entombed in snow in my house tomorrow morning.

6 comments:

Worker Mommy said...

Typically this time of year I'd never believe we'd get snow storms...but we did as recently as a week ago...and Seattle rarely ever gets snow. So you never know what you're in for. Some weird shit has been happening weather wise.

Oh and please tell me you responded with a "kiss my ass" to that memo.

Shari said...

Sorry. I am not on speaking terms with Mother Nature. I better check the weather channel...

H said...

How much do I hate the weather here? A lot. I highly doubt we're going to get anything close to a foot (I'm guessing a few inches at most) but they have been right so far about the sleet, which is accumulating on my deck...

Bill Roehl said...

YUCK.

Sornie said...

Hmm, the only thing I see outside as of 7:11 Am Friday are wet streets and a guy jogging down the sidewalk. Suck on it Ma' nature.

GiggLee said...

I think we got most of what you were hearing about. You can see that in my post from yesterday. Oddly though, it's supposed to be in the mid 60s next week. I had no idea Mother Nature's real name was Cybil!