Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The best bad idea ever

Have you ever wondered how many Dome Dogs you could eat if you didn't have to pay for each processed frankfurter? How about drinking a few gallons of soda if it was included in the price of the ticket to watch a baseball game? A few pounds of nachos sound appetizing?

If you like food and baseball (food more than baseball, likely) you may be in luck with what I am coining as the Gluttony Game at the Dome. For those unaware of it, the Minnesota Twins baseball team plays in a large, utilitarian domed stadium in downtown Minneapolis. Handy as hell when it's snowing outside on April 10th but sterile and unappealing on a glorious June evening.

In an effort to drum up ticket sales, some brainwizard cooked up this fabulous idea of all-you-can-eat night at the Dome. Unfortunately it doesn't include beer but I've seen the appetites of some baseball fans and when the food is free they eat it whether they are hungry or not.

When we first heard about the stuff-your-face-day at the Dome, the only question was when is the game?

Well, the answer is May 19 & 20 but it appears brats are excluded as well so piss off Twins, it's brats or nothing.

5 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm pretty sure I can eat my weight in nachos, so this might be worth it for me, even without the brats.

Oh wait.
I forgot I don't like baseball.

Bill Roehl said...

My wife hates baseball but loves to go to live games w/me.

I love Dome Dogs. I'll see if she's up to the challenge! Thanks for the heads up sornie :)

H said...

Oh, definitely checking this out. I love Dome Dogs, but even more sad is how much I love stadium nachos. YUM.

Ginormous Boobs said...

Dear God, I might just have to take a road trip for this one.

justacoolcat said...

This has been the talk at work.

I just don't see the interest.