Monday, February 18, 2008

Guess my destination


I'm sick of this place called Minnesota. That's why on Wednesday I'm blowing this here popsicle stand. Yes, I'm leaving on a jet plane but I DO know when I'll be back again.

As I climb aboard a jet plane at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport after the pre-boarding cavity search (sans lube) I'll finally be free (for a while) of the shackles that bind me. Oh sure, I have a budget like any thrifty mid-western traveler but at least I'll come back rested and ready.

But what does that mean for you, my faithful readers?

Well, I could write a heartfelt poem but poetry isn't my specialty. Instead, a bit of sleuthing. Take random but educated guesses where I'll be spending my week away from Minnesota. Speculate wildly about what I'll be doing. Let your imagination run wild and create the most far fetched story possible and share it. Of course accuracy is a must because as with any good game, points are at stake.

The winner, as judged by me, receives 1,500 points. Your entries will be judged on both creativity and accuracy when I return from my globe-trotting journeys.

I won't leave you hanging, though. A few hints follow to get you started on your wild guessing.

One airport I have a layover at is in Phoenix, Arizona.

I will be taking both shorts and my winter jacket.

Favorite foods at my destination include seafood and fruit.

My destination is at least one time zone away from that of Minnesota.

The rental car is probably a Hyundai.

Alright, speculate away and do your best to get those 1,500 points! See y'all on the 26th!

17 comments:

Hammer said...

Sounds like San Diego

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I'm guessing Las Vegas or Los Angeles... I can give you some suggestions on things to do it both cities.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Hawaii, because "The rental car is probably a Hyundai." Nothing bigger will fit the parking spaces on that gawd awful rock (I was there three years with the Navy: sorry:) And you're probably flying USAir because one of their stops is in phoenix before jumping the mud puddle.:)

Hawaii is a dream vacation, but a hellish place to live. A beer was two bucks - and that was back in 1968

buffalodickdy said...

Have a nice trip to Hawaii....

Jeff said...

Mexico? And you're bringing your winter coat because you HAVE TO COME HOME SOMETIME!

Balou said...

I'll guess Mexico too - Cabo or Mazatlan? Have a great time wherever you are!

Balou said...

No, wait, changing my mind. I'll say Laguna Beach because why would you rent a car in Mexico?

Brooke said...

I am going with San Francisco!

Whiskeymarie said...

I think you're travelling to beautiful Toledo, Ohio. You're bringing shorts 'cause you're just the sort of guy that likes to show off his gams. And, I'm pretty sure that EVERY car in Toledo is a Hyundai.

(no offense to any Toledoeans reading this.)

Whiskeymarie said...

Oh, and- my second choice is San Fran too.

Countess B said...

I have two guesses:

1. You are going to a place I can only go in my dreams (at least untill my kids are teens)

2. Cancun?

No said...

North Dakota.

Dorky Dad said...

I think that you're going to your Aunt Mildred's house in San Diego. You're taking your winter coat because Mildred keeps the freaking air conditioning at 40 degrees.

snowelf said...

I'm guessing Cali or Hawaii too!
And I'm totally playing this game on my blog sometimes this week too, cause I'm getting the heck outta here next weekend! :)

Regardless of where you're going, have a GREAT time!!

--snow

Anonymous said...

I am guessing the you are going on safari in Africa to kill an the most elusive of all prey. Or else you are going to Hawaii, I am gonna guess the Big Island.

P.S. I want my grasshopper cookie

Queen of the Mayhem said...

OOOOH! I hope it was Vegas....I am DYING to go to Vegas!

Wherever it was....hope you had fun! :)

Balou said...

It's the 27th. The suspense is killing me. Was that you in Florida pushing buttons at the nuclear power plant yesterday?