Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Get your fresh points here

With correct guesses from last week's oh-so-mysterious guessing game about my vacation destination, I officially have winners.

Anonymous said...
I am guessing the you are going on safari in Africa to kill an the most elusive of all prey. Or else you are going to Hawaii, I am gonna guess the Big Island.

P.S. I want my grasshopper cookie


snowelf said...
I'm guessing Cali or Hawaii too!
And I'm totally playing this game on my blog sometimes this week too, cause I'm getting the heck outta here next weekend! :)

Regardless of where you're going, have a GREAT time!!

--snow


buffalodickdy said...
Have a nice trip to Hawaii....

The Future Was Yesterday said...
Hawaii, because "The rental car is probably a Hyundai." Nothing bigger will fit the parking spaces on that gawd awful rock (I was there three years with the Navy: sorry:) And you're probably flying USAir because one of their stops is in phoenix before jumping the mud puddle.:)

Hawaii is a dream vacation, but a hellish place to live. A beer was two bucks - and that was back in 1968



On the creativity front (because I am a sorta-creative type sorta kinda) I have winners as well...

Dorky Dad said...
I think that you're going to your Aunt Mildred's house in San Diego. You're taking your winter coat because Mildred keeps the freaking air conditioning at 40 degrees.

Whiskeymarie said...
I think you're travelling to beautiful Toledo, Ohio. You're bringing shorts 'cause you're just the sort of guy that likes to show off his gams. And, I'm pretty sure that EVERY car in Toledo is a Hyundai.

(no offense to any Toledoeans reading this.)


Yes, that's six (count 'em) winners sharing in the 1,500 point bounty. Watch your mailboxes closely for the official "A Day in the Life" envelope containing a voucher with the 250 points you have just won. As for the anonymous bastard who seems to have some sort of inside track (I think I know who you are) on the game, you know the rules for the elusive Grasshopper Cookie. It's 1,100,500 points until the big reward and F.Y.I., our package of nicely refirgerated Grasshopper Cookies was damn tasty as a treat in the Sheraton hotel room after we wandered about Hawaii's Big Island for the past few days.

In other awards news, the award for best damn meal in Kailua-Kona goes to Boston Basil's. Yes, the best Italian food two separate times now goes to a restaurant in Hawaii. The pizza I had beats my old hometown fave of Steve's Pizza but the guava cheesecake is what sealed the deal. Hawaii, you never cease to amaze me.

Hey, if the 250 points for each of the six winners isn't enough and you like to sit, waiting anxiously for what's next, stop back later for photos because what kind of cold heart would I have if I didn't share my photos with the world?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you know who I am. and I believe I have said points now. I am coming to collect on March 15th, along with mmmmmmmm BEER!!!

Dorky Dad said...

I WIN!

Actually, YOU win. You went to Hawaii.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Great to hear you had such a great time, and even greater NOT to hear you're now at a salvation army soup kitchen! Cheap it wasn't, huh?:)

What the heck. It's only money, and I bet you've got gobs you haven't even earned yet!:P Once you've been to Hawaii, you never, never forget it - and that's something money can't make us do.

It appears the Ides of March are stalking you.:)

Whiskeymarie said...

Can I use my vouchers for beer? Just checking...

Anyways, I guess Hawaii is a tad more exciting than Toledo. A tad.