Monday, February 11, 2008

Did ya' hear 'bout the sale at Kohl's?

I think we hit the damn jackpot Friday evening after we did the responsible Catholic thing and ate our lovely Lenten meal of fish.

Yes, we went to Kohl's. The antithesis of respectable department stores -- get this -- was having a sale. Not just any sale though, they had both night owl hours AND early bird hours. Then there were the sale prices. 40, 50 and 60% off! Oy vey, I almost plotzed!

I know that not everyone was privy to these fantastic deals as I can assume this was something exclusive to Shakopee because the suits (tracksuits) at Kohl's would surely lose their tails if they offered up these amazingly low prices at all 13,065,967 stores (and those are just the ones in Minnesota).

So there you have it, I managed to stay alive through the sub-absolute zero temperatures of the weekend and find once-in-a-lifetime deals. Suck on that.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I NEVER shop at Kohl's....maybe I should start, huh?

Jules said...

We don't have Kohl's here... what all did you end up buying?

Sornie said...

We got out 100% unscathed. It was an amazing feeling.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Kohl's must be one of them there high falutin' stores.:) We ain' got none at all!

after we did the responsible Catholic thing and ate our lovely Lenten meal of fish.
At least you were true to your beliefs, That's uncommon these days!

Then there were the sale prices. 40, 50 and 60% off!
That "____% off" stuff always cracks me up. When I ask "off WHAT?", I get these blank looks, then when I ask for proof the price was "____%" higher last week, I get a run around like you wouldn't believe!