Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Trading ring for fish house

I can say it with pride, I peruse the for sale items on Craigslist. Today, though, I scrolled down a mere half-dozen items first instead of searching for the camera lens I want/need.

When you see a post with this title, you just have to click it...

Brand New Beautiful Diamond Anniversary Ring / or Trade - $800 (Shakopee, MN)

Brand New Diamond Anniversary Ring. This ring would be a great gift for any girlfriend or wife. The ring is 14kt White Gold with 9 Brilliant Cut round diamonds set in a channel. The ring is .75ct, color is G-H, clarity SI1-SI2. This ring is appraised at $1544.23 from Continental Diamonds in St.Louis Park. I will give you the appraisel if needed. I am willing to trade for a fishouse on wheels as long as the values match. Please email me with questions.

Now there could be a multitude of reasons for this. Maybe his old lady was nauseated by the style of the ring. Maybe she walked in to the house after a hard day's work only to find her bent over the aquarium in the living room taking it from his best friend Steve. Maybe the second scenario happened just days before the then-couple's anniversary and after punching his naked friend Steve, the jilted husband calmly left and after cleaning out the couple's bank accounts decided to sell the ring for half-price and spend some time on one of Minnesota's 10,000 frozen lakes.

And if scenario two is correct, I hope that Steve has a broken nose.

3 comments:

Michelle Ann said...

First off, I'm from California..what the hell is a fishouse on wheels? Second, how can the person who wants a fishouse on wheels be the same person that owns said ring?? I so wish they had a photo to go along with that ad.

John Good said...

That asshole Steve had it coming!

Whiskeymarie said...

I love this.
Only in Minnesota (or maybe Wisconsin)...