Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Insanity reigns supreme in just 9 days

I hate most sports. Sure, I have earlier admitted to listening to sports talk radio for a couple hours each day but only because it takes a comedic approach to sports and essentially mocks how seriously sports are taken in our society. With that out of the way, I have one question to ask. Are you ready for some football?!?

Yep, the end of the calendar years means tons of pointless college football bowl games featuring teams nobody goves two piles of monkey crap about playing in horribly titled, ludicrously corporate sponsored bowl games that litter the better part of three week of primetime television.

My theory is that many of these games were cooked up by ESPN because the end of the year is a slow time for the professional billiards tour but does anyone watch these games?

Curious for an answer, I polled my entire office and asked them "How many college bowl games do you plan on watching?". I went as far as presenting each of the persons sampled with the schedule of 2007-08 bowl games for additional insight. Below are the results of my scientific sampling in handy, easy to digest pie chart form.



Are my results skewed? Probably. Do I care? No.

2 comments:

buffalodickdy said...

You sure don't work where I do! It's all they talk about! I'll watch about 4 or 5, but by the time these games start up (including Super Bowl) I will be in at least 6 betting pools- probably more....

Sornie said...

Or maybe I do work where you do. Is there a guy in the corner wearing a beanie with a propeller on top screaming out obscenities while eating Oreo Cakesters? If so, watch out for that guy, he's crazy.