Thursday, December 13, 2007

The all-consuming project

You know it has been a long road when the wife flatly states "I don't care if I ever go inside another Menards, Lowe's or Home Depot in my life".

This statement came just after 9:30 PM last night. We were walking through a Menards parking lot.

The project, as projects sometimes do, began with a modest budget. I realized after one trip that this budget wasn't going to cut it but I figured we could easily handle doubling the budget. No dice.

Last weekend we crossed that line of tripling the initial too small budget and last night we did some firm calculating based on the changes we made throughout the project and returned items which we bought too much of.

We began feverishly working the weekend before thanksgiving and by my estimates have approximately 55 hours into this project.

The question is this: what project has consumed our lives for the better part of a month and forced us to postpone Christmas shopping to an afternoon late next week? Leave your guesses in the comments...

6 comments:

Pharmacy tech guy. said...

oh oh oh i know this i had the same project. you are putting monkeys into outer space. that's right isn't it. or else it is the basTARD Project known as the bathroom remodel. Of course I am pretty sure it might be easier and cheaper to put monkey's into space.

Countess B said...

Oooooo...it HAS to be a bathroom remodel. I went through that last winter. Amazing how the costs add up, huh?

Beth said...

That would be your bathroom project! And I didn't cheat by looking at the other comments - I remembered your post of way back when...

Beth said...

sorry, but I gotta go with the potty remodel too...those suck up the money!

Jeff said...

I'm right there with ya. In fact I FINALLY just put the finishing touches on our new bathroom a few minutes ago. YAY!

Sornie said...

As a brief update, after four feverish hours today, we are insanely close to finishing. The end of this marathon is in sight.