Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A gripe about October

Why is it that the most colorful season (in my opinion) is also the moodiest? Of course I am speaking of autumn -- or fall as laypersons prefer to call it. Minnesota seems to have been socked under a cover of thick clouds for the better part of the past week, probably more if I had any recollection of what date it actually was. It' has been not just cloudy but rainy as well. That's good on one account because it means that our abnormally dry summer has come to an end and a year-long drought has been squashed. On the other hand, I'd prefer some damn sunshine. The days are getting shorter. The sun sets by 7 PM and it's still dark when I get up at 6:30 AM. This guy wants a few cloud-free days to round out the last temperate month of the year before I have to turn the furnace on.

Ah, weather, the one thing that nobody is ever happy with.

5 comments:

pinknest said...

i love the fall, but you're right. i hate it when it's dark so early! ugh. aren't we changing the clocks soon?

Hammer said...

I love fall back on the clock, but we don't get colors here unless brown counts.

Jules said...

You haevn't had to turn the furnace on yet? Lucky bastard... ;O)

No said...

Sounds like someone is going to need a sunlamp...I'd let you borrow mine, but I broke it.

Bridget Jones said...

especially in THIS burg!!!