Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Diablo Cody leaves City Pages, Accipoop is born

So yesterday I checked a couple of area blogs which I haven't visited for a couple days months and one, in particular, caught my attention.

It seems that former stripper turned author turned screenplay writer has pulled up stakes from local alt-weekly City Pages and gone back to where she became famous, humble ole Blogger. Even with all the fame that has come from her relatively unknown beginnings, she still writes a blog for all the world to read -- plus it has comments!

Sure, she's got a big moving picture coming to a city near you in December but if Juno doesn't rake in the big bucks, she still has made an impact, at least locally, with the clever names for her collection of worldly good including Foamfucker II (her 80s-vintage boat) and Douchepacker (one of the cats the author/writer/fame-goblin owns) and the never easy to forget tales of her days at the strip club and her time as a peep show performer.

If she can make it big by having nothing more than the tales of her own life and a creative way of making words simply JUMP off the page, then maybe there's hope for me.

Hell, I'm creative. Just the other night as the wife wanted desperately to get some shuteye, I created a new miracle medicine (if only in my head) with the catchy and explanatory name of Accipoop. (See it's a clever combination of two run-of-the-mill words) As time permits, I very well may create some mock-ups of the packaging and give y'all a run down of the disclaimer/side effects I have cooked up for the latest pharmaceutical miracle cure for a condition that didn't exist half a decade ago (RLS anyone?).

Share your ideas, too, about what Accipoop may be. Try Diablo Cody's writing style on for size. Have a glass of lemonade (it's 93 degrees today). Does any topic interest you? No? Alright then.

6 comments:

cathouse teri said...

You're funny. :)

I'll take some lemonade.

Beth said...

"....maybe there's hope for me."
You could try being a male stripper!

Accipoop - don't think I want to go there...

indiephotogirl said...

It's so hot. I dare to say that I want (the s-word)... But I won't say it. I'll put up with the heat for now, cuz come January I'm sure I'll be bitching about the cold.

ps. Who's the comic book friend?

justacoolcat said...

I'm not sure I want to imagine "Accipoop" . . .whoops, too late.

Jules said...

Accipoop... It's got something to do with acetaminophen and ... blah. Can't think of anything for the poop portion that would not be related to actual poop.

Bridget Jones said...

Please tell me those other names were made up....