Friday, August 31, 2007

Why going to the movies sucks

Here's an oldie from the archives of the annex. It is only relevant because we paid for a movie last weekend (Superbad) at one of the area multiplexes where the movie was being shown in ultra-blurry mode. I complained twice and was told that was the best it was going to get. I demanded a refund and we drove to the next town over and saw it at a showing 30 minutes later than originally planned. This time it kicked ass because it was in focus...

********

If you're going to insist on making movies based on crappy, old television shows, then you have to give everyone in the Cineplex a remote so we can see what's playing on the other screens. Let's remember the reason something was a television show in the first place is that the idea wasn't good enough to be a movie.

And try, Minnesota movie theater owners, to stop gouging movie patrons for concessions. i know you have to make money SOMEWHERE but charging $4.50 for 32 ounces of soda that costs about two cents to produce is a bit more than over the top. And would it kill ya' to offer Coke products as opposed to Pepsi? If I'm gonna drink soda I want something that doesn't simply taste like watered down molasses, I want shit that will eat through my teeth if I were to gargle with it.

6 comments:

Beth said...

They're going to keep charging those horrendous prices because we keep on paying...
I sneak in my own water (the advantage of carrying a purse) - it galls me to pay big bucks for bottled water!

sAssY brOwn said...

Buddy, it's all about bringing your own snacks! Cheaper & better for you!

Hammer said...

I read that a cinema has to pay up to 10 to 40 grand for a copy of a film to show for up to 2 weeks then they have to send the reel back.

Then they have the costs of staff, rent, utilities and rent.

That's the explanation of why concessions cost so much.

I sneak mine in many times.

Honey Bunny said...

last month the hubs and i went to see the (awful) movie Bourne Ultimatum. the film stopped four times (4!) for about 5-10 minutes a pop. tons of people complained and the manager said we all had to sit through it in order to get comped. so i missed 40 min of that movie and all i got was another ticket to the crappiest cinema in the cities. YEAH, THANKS!

indiephotogirl said...

Yeah. I bring my own snacks too. And I only go to matinees. Unless it's something I really want to see... You guys have had some bad luck with flicks, I don't think I've ever had one stop on me. (Except I did go to a preview of Superbad and it melted, but I had already seen it, and it was free... So that doesn't count)

Jules said...

I had to sit through a movie at the drive in once that was ALL blurry. But we couldn't just go to the other screen, it was showing something undesirable, and we wanted to keep our spot for the next movie. It ruined the movie, but we found things to keep ourselves occupied..