Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Just don't Simpsonize me

After last weekend, I have a renewed faith in an old friend. An old gaggle of YELLOW friends to be more specific. (We saw the flick on opening weekend)

It turns out that I had lost all faith in a certain animated TV show named, appropriately enough, "The Simpsons". It seemed as if each and every possible plotline had been exhausted and that the show was just hanging around because it sure beats reruns of "Super Housewife" or "Meet my New Nanny".

Whatever the reasons for the FOX Network actually keeping a show around, it seems as if it was a good decison. Scratch that, GREAT decision.

If the next season of "The Simpsons" is half as good as "The Simpsons Movie" then I can once again be considered a fan. Yeah, it was that good.

If you've seen the commercials with Homer's newfound friend, Spiderpig (AKA Harry Plopper), you are in for a treat. The scenes with the pig, though, aren't the best in the movie by a longshot but are hilarious enough that if they were the best moments in the 87-minute flick, I'd be one happy guy who is now anxiously awaiting the next season of "The Simpsons".

No comments: