Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My letter to Wal-Mart

If you know me, you'll know that I already have a deep loathing (hate is a very strong word) for Wal-Mart and that I am more of a Target guy. I do, though, go wherever the best prices are and that proved to be the fatal flaw and led to this letter which I sent to Wal-Mart -- all over a couple of $15 chairs...

********

Approximately one year ago I purchased two matching chairs from your supercenter in the southwest metro of the Twin Cities. After just one use, one chair broke and after two uses, the second camping chair broke. Neither chair had been subjected to any unusual weight or use. Both chairs broke in the same spot -- the plastic piece anchoring the leg cross-members on the front corner and the price point matches these shown on your online store...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5223213


While I wouldn't expect an actual response or compensation from a company which doesn't seem to stand behind any products it sells, I thought you should be informed of such terrible craftsmanship and use of sub-standard materials in the so-called quality products you peddle in your stores.

Any form of compensation for the thirty-plus-dollars wasted on these disposable chairs would be appreciated but, as I stated earlier, I expect little if any response.

Thank You

7 comments:

buffalodickdy said...

My favorite Walmart/Sams Club story is when I bought a car jack. Rated at like 5 ton, it weighed about 80lbs. Struggled to get in cart, thru checkout and into garage at home. Fuc*er didn't work-no hydraulic pressure. Wrestle back into car, cart and go back. Do you want a new one? Piece of crap-NO! Got money back, went to another store, bought one for 1/2 the price that weighed 1/2 as much with same 5 ton capacity!

Beth said...

Hey, you may get a response from Walmart. I recently did a post regarding a GMAC complaint and heard from them in my comments section.
Good luck!

Peacechick Mary said...

I hope Walmart responds. You can get crappy workmanship at just about any store these days, so maybe you should keep the letter and just change the addressee.

JollyRoger said...

Mao-Mart lost its way awhile ago. Anything that big doesn't die easily, and they won't either-but look closely at same-store sales. They either reinvent themselves, or they'll join many other monoliths on the trashheap of history.

Blondie said...

Ooooooo, you're a letter writer....
I used to know one of those.

sAssY brOwn said...

Wal-Mart sucks!

TaraDharma said...

yes, yes, I am a Target person myself. Never have, never will, step into a Wal-Mart. they are evil-doers!

I belive it letter writing - well done.