Thursday, May 17, 2007

Get out and support a Minnesotan cause

While I am painfully aware that the world around us is going to hell in a handbasket with skyrocketing fuel prices, a war in the middle east, layoffs, outsourcing, reality television and the impending retirement of Bob Barker; some causes are just easier to fight for and if there's one thing that can change a mood, it's music. That's right folks, I am beating the drum again in support of the only radio station in these fair Twin Cities which I regularly listened to and it's time to spew forth more contact information and a time for a rally set up by the thousands rallying the masses over on Facebook.

Drive 105 Rally
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2007
Time: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Location: Love 105 HQ
Street: 2000 Elm St. SE
City/Town: Minneapolis, MN
They also have a contact email at revivedrive105@hotmail.com.


If you can't make the rally on Saturday, contact ABC Radio both locally and at their corporate headquarters but remember to be civil, concise and free of vulgarities. Show them that the audience they left behind over low ratings (Arbitron ratings surveys only go to homeowners with land line phones) is devoted, interested and loyal to the music which ABC Radio wasn't loyal to.
Phone:
ABC Radio in MPLS- 612-617-4000
Love 105- 612-331-5083

Email:
www.abcradio.com/contactus.asp
love105comments@gmail.com

Web site:
Bring Back Drive

1 comment:

OctaneBoy said...

I'm with you in spirit, but the plug being pulled from Drive 105 doesn't get me wound up.

About 6 years ago, on my first trip to Europe, I was surprisingly captivated by pop music on broadcast radio. When I came home, I dove deep into internet radio and discovered lots of treasures; SomaFM, KEXP, KCRW, and above all, John Peel on BBC1.

These new options made terrestrial radio all the more sad and comical to me. I realized I could never rely on the big, diseased radio industry to satisfy my need for variety and quality. I gotta seek it out myself. I'm sure you've come to similar conclusions.

I carried the torch for Rev105, Twin Peaks, and the Porsche 944. All were taken away by fools. I had to move on and find myself in other places.