Monday, April 02, 2007

Gotcha!

Hey, with the proximity to the day of pranking, AKA April 1st or April Fools Day as it is commonly referred to, I just had to do it. The post from late Saturday evening was, in fact, probably my worst April Fools post yet. It tugged at the heartstrings and made people come together when another is supposedly down on his luck. Hey, as you get to know me you'll know that I am always one for a practical joke which would explain the rather short-lived attempt at one yesterday as we drove to an Easter celebration in which I bluntly but sheepishly asked my wife if it's normal to experience a sensation described as "it burns when I pee". This conversation lasted for about a mile as I strained to keep a straight face by looking out the window as I drove because it was just too far out there for her to believe.

If you've been around here for a while, you'll remember last year's April Fools where I quit blogging or a couple years back when I described our tumultuous marriage nearly coming to an end. Then there was my first pathetic attempt back in 2004 when the engagement came to an end over a bad experience at IHOP which, in reality, could actually send me over the deep end given my history with IHOP.

Will I ever grow up and quit playing such childish pranks at the expense of people's feelings? I dunno. But hey, thanks for the well wishing, it means that y'all pay attention and I thank you for it! And lastly, I'm sorry -- I know that there are plenty of people who are actually in this situation which made it more believable for my own purposes. Keep coming back for more of the dark, morbid and cynical humor... if that's what you like.

11 comments:

Time said...

Did anyone send you $$$$ ?

Sornie said...

Unfortunately they didn't. I should have thought about begging for money but I have a conscience and it just seems wrong.

Brendan said...

Got me.

After I was so careful about everything else yesterday, too.

Grrrr.

No said...

Do I know you are what? ...and it's still expensive living in the cities, don't you agree? Am I the only person who knew that this was an April foolery?

No said...

It is in bad taste, I have to admit, in a really morbid sort of way....

Sornie said...

Yea, but morbid is sorta how I work so...

buffalodickdy said...

If you don't do it on April 1st, it isn't an April fools' joke. This makes you your garden variety plain fool....

buffalodickdy said...

If you don't do it on April 1st, it isn't an April fools' joke. This makes you your garden variety plain fool....

buffalodickdy said...

If you don't do it on April 1st, it isn't an April fools' joke. This makes you your garden variety plain fool....

mist1 said...

Wow. I actually felt sympathetic.

Sornie said...

I figured there was no way people would buy my tomfoolery if I actually did it on April 1st but a few hours earlier all bets are off.