Monday, March 19, 2007

More love for Microsoft...

Excuse the graphic design nerd-speak here for a brief moment but I have to vent. Does the majority of the modernized world using evil Microsoft's Word program not understand that specific intervals for TABS can be set in your document? This, of course, is a royal pain in the ass for not just me but all those in the graphic design universe as we stress over the ever-present deadlines which can only be achieved by cutting corners because, first off, the materials for this project were late. Then the graphic elements were straight-up crap (pictures snatched from a website do not translate well into printed materials) and the pages and pages of text in what can only be considered a colossal consumer of my time are filled with phantom styles which don't translate to InDesign and the tabs -- oh the TABS.

Listen up folks, do not just us stressed graphic designers but yourselves, too, a huge favor and take the five or so seconds it takes to learn how to use and manage tabs within your Microsoft Word document and then everyone's lives will be much more simple.

Now forgive me, I have to untab and re-tab thirty or so Microsoft Word docs.

4 comments:

Nancy Dancehall said...

Oh, god. You're speaking my language. I despise people who insist Word is a design program, and then let their eyes glaze over when I try to explain the concept of color seps. GAAAAA!!!

Hi.

No said...

um..I'm an idiot..I admit it..I have no idea what you're talking about..Can you explain it again?

Balou said...

Copy a tab, Find, paste twice, tab, paste once, find & change, repeat.

Ugh. I wish I had a nickel for every tab I've deleted. And a penny for every double space after a period. I'd own an island in the Pacific and be slurping down Pina Colada's on my beach.

No said...

Okay, I understand now..by the way, there is supposed to be a double space after a period.