Friday, October 20, 2006

Better late than never; eye problems soothed with music

When you wake up and can't get your eyes to focus clearly, that takes precedence over everything. As I plucked away at the day job being creative while my eyes did their best to focus, I almost looked forward to my 3:30 appointment with the optometrist.

As I found out and we already knew, I have weird corneas. The edges, isntead of being rounded like a sphere, are tapered causing even my high-moisture/high-oxygen contact lenses to essentially 'suck' to my poor eyeball and causing unnecessary dryness and vascularization. This led to some spiffy new contacts that should fit 'less snugly' than the previous lenses which I have nearly an untouched one-year supply of. The good news is that they will trade, if the new lenses work, my existing supply for a new supply of the new contact lenses. A proposal that works for me but the missus still says that I should ditch the contact lenses altogether and own up to my inner nerd and wear spectacles on a full-time basis. I'll see if the new contact lenses work first before jumping off that particular bandwagon.

Being Friday, though, some things never change. Behold, for your listening pleasure, the latest installment of the iPod Random Ten...

Liz Phair - Polyester Bride
The Martinis - Free
Ima Robot - Creeps Me Out
Go Betty Go - The Pirate Song
Rancid - It's Quite Alright
Gorillaz - DARE
Weezer - We Are All On Drugs
Green Day - Wake Me Up When Spetember Ends
The Who - Baba O'Riley
Angels & Airwaves - The War

And if you are wondering, I am wearing my glasses while I type this in anticipation of the delicious beef roast I smell from the nearby kitchen as I bide my time waiting by listening to Indie 103.1... if you care

No comments: