Tuesday, August 08, 2006

If you use e-mail to communicate...

Please, and I can't say this enough, make your sentences actual sentences in e-mails and for the love of all things holy, read it through and make sure you don't have a sentence such as this...

"This advertise which you stopped by a dropped of won't sell what I have in our rooms."

I know I am grasping at straws but has the english language become so watered down that a business owner or manager communicates in a way that you need a decoder ring from a box of Froot Loops to understand the message. I, for one, would have a meeting with this manager discussing the importance of ALL forms of communication and the obviously Indian name of the Hotel manager doesn't get you a free pass. You live in America, you work in America, you represent a company who does business with Americans... learn how to write and speak. I wouldn't move to India and expect to survive on only English. Hell, I wouldn't move to India PERIOD, they still have The Plague.