Friday, August 04, 2006

Crazy columnist wants parenting decisions made for her

That krazy konservative kolumnist Katherine Kersten at the Star Tribune is back at her old antics. Today she wants the law imposing a fine for kids under 17 renting Mature or Adult-rated video reinstated. The only problem with her argument is that this unconstitutional law was struck down by a federal judge.

I have covered this shit like a blanket before. If you can't take the heat of being a parent and laying down some ground rules while actually watching the actions of your children, consider birth control, a vasectomy or other forms of preventative measures to becoming a parent.

I am no parenting expert (hell, I have issues dealing with our cat) but it seems that my parents kept a pretty watchful eye on my doings as a young adult. The same violent video games were there when I was a teen so why do so many feel that they need the man to step in and tell people what they can and can't do?

If I want someone telling me what I can and can't do at home, I'll move to Cuba or China. I am all for free speech (with exceptions being blatant hate groups... KKK, white supremacists, et. al) and I am happy that there won't be any public funds pissed away as the enforcers try to put the smack down on piss-ant little punks who want to saw off a few heads while playing a video game (remember, hopefully your child can overcome what you think is ADHD to distinguish the difference between reality and a damn game) after school. As for help for parents, if they need someone (legislators and judges in this case) to constantly validate their methods of parenting then these people need to grow spines... STAT. Lighten up old lady, didn't you ever play racist games like cowboys and indians or violence inducing trists such as cops and robbers?

2 comments:

betmo said...

here! here! you speak for me on this one!

FreeCyprus said...

Interesting site.
Keep on bloggin in the free world.

-- FreeCyprus
Hellenic Reporter