Friday, March 10, 2006

Deceptive product names deserve clarification

In the world, there is a plethora of product names and nicknames which misrepresent, to a certain degree, what the product truly is.

Cottage Cheese:
While it is a dairy product, I THINK, I highly doubt it was made in a cottage. It, too, doesn't quite represent any sort of cheese I have ever consumed. As Bart Simpson said, "It looks like someone already ate it."

Hot Dogs:
Sure, when they are cooked, they are hot but contrary to what the name would have us believe, they are not made of shredded and ground-up dogs. In fact, if they were made of actual canines, we would be able to better identify the source of this processed meat product. In its current resipe, we aren't sure just what is in a hot dog and maybe it's better that way.

How many more are there? Hundreds, I am sure. Drop me a line and let me know if you have any others.

No comments: