Wednesday, October 26, 2005

How to have an open discussion

The big thing about discussing ideas freely and having a two-way conversation is that you have to allow a forum for that conversation to take place.

Some uptight and holier-than-thou wackos who are holed up in their little bubble screaming to anyone within ear shot that they are right and anyone else is wrong fail to see how to participate in a civil discourse.

For a discussion to take place, you have to open yourself up to criticism.

I, for one, have been criticized plenty. It happens here and it happens other places, too. I love a good discussion about anything from music to politics. I will be the first to admit that I don't know everything about either topic. That doesn't mean that I won't talk about these subjects with others who may or may not know more about the topic than I do.

This uppity suburbanite needs to pull her head out of her extremely tight ass and realize just what a conversation is and be open to ideas that may seem bizarre and scary to her as she likely conducts life entirely within the odd and closed off suburb of Savage where she likely lives judging from her cutesy little blog's title.

If she would happen to read this and feel the need to comment, feel free to as I actually allow COMMENTS. Something she only allows for her eyes only via a submission link. I, on the other hand, let the whole world see what is being said. It's called free speech, The Savage Republican (ooh -- clever name to hide behind) ought to try it sometime.

No comments: