Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Answering questions which have yet to be asked

I ran across this lovely little Q & A at Pussyranch. If you have ever read anything here you will know that reading Diablo's work is what inspired me to start up this wretched mess.

Without further ado, the questions...

Ten Years Ago: I was 16 and spending my first summer as a licensed driver after suffering through the previous year with only a farm permit. My first job (charter employee of a newly constructed Burger King) exposed me to a whole different group of friends and those are bonds which I still have, to a lesser degree, to this day. That summer was one that will always stick in my mind due to the friendships I built during those three months.

Five Years Ago: The first summer being of legal drinking age. By September of that fateful year I had a place of my own. I was two years into my second post-college job and doing quite well in all facets of life. Broken friendships were being mended and my actions during the final months of that year led me to where I am today. (Neatly chronicled at the bottom of this link) I was also consuming entirely too much alcohol as many 21-year-olds routinely do.

One Year Ago: I had just wrapped up my first day at work as a married man. We were still getting settled and used to each other's quirks that we somehow didn't know about even after dating for over three years. Even after having moved from my hometown nearly two years ago, I was still keeping in touch with my same friends, refusing to make the city I lived in my new homw, knowing that another move wasn't just likely but inevitable.

Yesterday: I arrived home shortly after 5 PM and after checking the mail gave my wife her first wedding anniversary present a day late - DAMN YOU'S GUYS AT THE U.S. POSTAL SERVICE...

Five Songs I Know All the Words To: Nearly anything by 'Green Day', 'Less Than Jake' and 'Blink 182'. Specific songs would be 'Middle of Nowhere' by Hot Hot Heat and 'S.O.S.', but not Abba's original -- a local band by the name of 'Divorcee' seems to have perfected it.

Five Snacks: Sour Cream & Onion potato chips, tapioca pudding, Archer Farms yellow corn tortilla chips, apple pie and pumpkin pie.

Five Things I'd Do With $100 Million: Pay off our house, pay off the wife's car, buy myself a new car, invest 10% in my retirement and give my parents 10% so they can pay off their farm and live comfortably -- maybe even retire.

Five Places I'd Run Away To: Oahu, Hawaii; northern Minnesota (north shore); my parents' farm; our house; somewhere where all our friends could live the good life together with us.

Five Things I'd Never Wear: A sundress, anything with Bush/Cheney on it, a leisure suit, wingtip shoes, penny loafers

Five Favorite TV Shows: Scrubs, Family Guy, The Simpsons, Lost, The Office

Five Greatest Joys: creating an 'outside the box' design that the customer approves, seeing Mary happy, driving with my sunroof removed, sleeping in and some freaky loving

Five Favorite Toys: my Raleigh M-40, Nintendo Game Cube, Mary's iMac, our iPod, Nikon Coolpix 5700

No comments: