Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Was that a dingy?

File this under "Holy Crap, I Knew Better."

Last night, after work, in a semi-sleep deprived state, I decided that I shoudl wax my car having washed it the previous day. I pulled into the driveway nearly all the way up to the garage which we don't use simply because it is too much damn work to open and close its roll up door each day.

I spent the better part of an hour waxing my decade-old car under the quasi-shade of a tree which has only branches, no leaves this early in the year.

I did this tedious work knowing full well that rain was forecasted for only a few hours later.

Well, to make a long story less lengthy (and you thought I was going to say short...), I awoke to the beginnings of a rain storm this morning. The lightning was bright and the thunder was loud. I think during the brief deluge, I may have even witnessed Noah and two of each animal float by me on one of the highway's hillier parts.

Needless to say, I am not going to rewash my car. I got the coat of winter grime off and that's good enough for me.

Will I learn something from this? Probably not.

No comments: