Monday, March 14, 2005

Religious wackos explain their decision making process

Politics, of course, is a major influence in our country. It is the topic of hundreds of radio talk shows which air daily both on a local basis and on the national airwaves.

Politics can divide friends and cause vicious and interesting verbal wars. It can expose people who seem all too calm on the outside but, inside, are a raging bloodbath of political hatred.

I found this blog while perusing a random gaggle of writing not too long ago. The writer states that early in her life when she was not politically aware, she registered as an Independent.

Recently, she wrote this...

Is abortion the only issue that makes me a Republican, no it is not but it is a very important one. I can’t understand how some one could be a Democrat and a Christian. I am a Christian before anything else and I want to live as Christ would want me to live. I am thankful to God I was able to vote with a clear conscience in 1992, 1996, 2000 and 2004. I am thankful that I live in America and I can freely worship God.


Why would anyone relate being Christian to being a Republican? Is that what our country has become? Have religious zealots become the only group which is vocal? Have they become the group which controls all forms of media to the point of having their own news channel (Fox 'News') with their own talking heads (O'Reilly, Rush)?

I think it is time for the open-minded Americans (liberals and others) to stake their claim in America's media wilderness.

No comments: