Thursday, March 31, 2005

Fire sounds tempting

Today, I would truly enjoy kicking some inanimate object. Garbage can, well-off person's car... It is just turning out to be that type of day. They type of day that you wish would simply rewind and begin anew.

I woke up to drama, I barely remember the drive to work and once at work I faced continuing advertising drama consisting of NUMEROUS customer changes, missing elements and the continuing feeling of stress that my work simply sucks. That last one could be due to the simple fact that I receive hardly a "good job" or "way to go" when something goes well and is appreciated.

It is truly the little things in life that make a person feel happy. It is the nagging reminders that make you feel like you are about as welcome as an IRS auditor at your door on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Today, I am the auditor. I feel unwanted but am simply, as the old adage goes, mailing it in today. I wholy intend to do my job to the best of my abilities each day but with the wind removed from my sails after being kicked while being down and, thusly punched squarely in the groin and jaw simultaneously, I am a bit mentally removed from the happenings today.

I can think of a few quick remedies, however, the likelyhood of any of them happening before I return home is minimal. And with my motivation lower than that of Bill O'Reilly's morals, I just might be at work for a long spell today.

A walk, alone, might be one answer to my problems. Reading something I like while sitting in the sun sounds appealing too. Talking to an old friend would also remedy, if only partially, my lack of self-worth.

I am not angry, I am not depressed, I am just unhappy. That happens on a day when everything and everyone you meet are against you.

No comments: