Monday, March 21, 2005

An anger rollback

I had an epiphany this weekend. Of course, that came a while after I had a meltdown but I'll get to that as well.

As I scoured the Wal-Mart parking lot of a Wal-Mart different than the one I had visited only a day earlier, my blood began to boil. I drove down one aisle which was totally full of cars and circled in front of the gray monolithic building and noticed this: in front of the gray building was a line of occupied cars. These cars were occupied by able bodied citizens who I found out upon entering the store after much cursing and yelling were not doing the only acceptable thing I could think of for occupying the 'fire lane' at the store's front. (Silently, I wished for a grand disaster to banish this Wal-Mart from existence.) Not more than three people (many of which seemed to be in various states of disgruntlement) were in the customer service area raturning various itesm which they were dissatisfied with. I, too was one of these people, and I was disgruntled about simply being in a Wal-Mart.

As we walked outside to my car, I began vocalizing my displeasure both with the vehicles of lazy, fat American shoppers and Wal-Mart in general. I silently vowed to never return to Wal-Mart - this one in particular which seemed to have a much larger proportion of asshole shoppers, lazy shoppers, bitchy employees and lazy employees.

There is nothing I despise more than some slack-jawed dipshit gawking in the middle of a main, arterial-style aisle at a 12-pack of cola for the rollback price of $2.67. Buy it at the fucking GROCERY store where it will cost less and support a more local and less evil company.

We then went across the street to Shopko where I was immediately calmed by the courteous shoppers and helpful employees. Ah, how Shopko reminds me of the town I grew up in where there was no Wal-Mart. I remain in that state of mind still.

No comments: