Tuesday, February 22, 2005

As a graphic artist, I notice things. In otice the smallest design items in my day to day life. Sometimes i can pick out which font was used on a particular store's sign or notice mistakes in printed pieces which never should have made it to the final product.

When I found this link to a collection of retro signage, I just had to share it with the rest of the world. I can honestly say that I didn't look through the entire site but it has given me the idea of snapping some shots of the small town store front signage in the area where I now reside. The community has so much more history compared to the exurb in which I moved from after a two-year stint.

So, there you have it. Check out some retro signage and compare it to today's modern works. Notice the similarities. Notice the differences. See how it all reflects on today's standards of designs. I'll grab my camera bag one of these days and share some of the sights of signage on my commute.

No comments: