Wednesday, December 01, 2004

New tunes Wednesday

Yea, it's been a while since I last spoke of music. The reason being is that the selections of the past, um, period of time have been weak at best. But I've been catching up on a few new tracks and thought I'd share with you...

Kasabian - Club Foot

The best I can figure out is that Kasabian is a British band. After hearing this one song on the local alternative station, I fell in love with it. It's not exactly techno and it sure isn't rock. That's why it fits in the 'alternative' genre. It's got energy to it without having the 'garage' feel that so many of today's bands are copying. It's a tough CD to find, even on Amazon, but they have it listed as a rather spendy import. I think if you ask your local independent record store, they'll be able to hook a guy or gal up.

The second track tonight is...

Tegan & Sara - Walking with a Ghost
Tegan & Sara are twin sisters from Canada who also happen to be lesbians. I first remember seeing them on the Caanadian music video channel, MuchMusic. Their latest song is a tad different from previous releases. It has a bit more of a 'poppy' feel to it than their rather folksy roots. They are still young (20 if I remember correctly) and after hearing this one song played locally, I think they have a future on radio in the U.S. The CD was released in September and is easily found. If you are away from a record store, Amazon has it. They'ss be playing on NBC's Late Night with Conan O'Brien on January 11, 2005 but will be making a swing through the Twin Cities on December 7, 2004 at the Quest.

That's all for tonight, two tracks. Two bands. Good music. Give 'em a listen.

No comments: