Friday, August 20, 2004

Airing my dirty laundry

If you read the post from this past Friday, you will recall my experience at the local Sam's Club. After only a week (hooray for their fast service) they responded with what I knew before I e-mailed them would be their response. That place has seen the last of my business. (Yea, I know I am nit-picky S.O.B. but I fucking HATE this waste of space.)

Subject: Response from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (Ref #000000006435928)
Thank you for your message.We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, we can not issue a refund for the 10% up charge for the one day guest pass. It does state on the guest pass that if you do not become a member you will be entitled to a 10% up charge. Thank you and have a great day.


For further correspondence regarding this issue, please reply to this email.

----Your Original Comments Were----

I shopped at the local ********, MN Sam's Club this evening using a one-day guest pass. While here the service I received was unsatisfactory and will upon this visit never do business again with either Sam's Club or Wal-Mart. It was presented to us upon check out that a "10% Upcharge" would be attached to our total. This fact had not appeared on the guest pass or anywhere upon entering the store. At the very least, I would appreciate a refund of the upcharge total of $12.03. This practice of forcing customers into purchasing a membership to avoid such hidden charges is highly unethical and needs to be spelled out upon entering the store. Many first-time customers will become last-time customers due to this fact. I urge you to remedy this situation.

No comments: