Monday, July 26, 2004

A name it now has
 
You guessed it, the name of the next and final Star Wars prequel is known as Episode 3 no longer. The name revealed on Sunday was  Revenge of the Sith. The link between what some people deem the worst Star Wars movies (Episodes 1 & 2, the prequels released in 1999 & 2002 respectively) and the original 3 films released in the late 1970's and early 1980's is rumored to be a rather dark film.
 
The relatively young, former slave boy, Anakin Skywalker has married the older Padme Amadala and as we know from the original films, will be expecting the birth of twins which will be named Luke and Leia. I am a but rusty on the original films having only watched them once and all in the same night while drinking. I will definitely be purchasing the DVDs of the originals when they are released in September.
 
On another note, the Democratic convention has begun. The big three networks seem to be offering up an hour of coverage during the 9 PM hour. It's only Monday and the other half (Republicans) are already attacking what is being said. I know I am being vague but this sort of thing is simply too much. I know it is essentially a time for the delegates from each state to come to a consensus on the points which they will cover in their efforts to inform people about their candidate in an effort to get Kerry elected. I am all for organized politics where something gets accomplished but I am not the type to sit and watch even one hour of these political speaches.

I'll gladly offer up my opinions on what I hear, though. John Kerry's wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry was quoted as telling a newspaper reporter to "Shove it." Of course, the republicans are busy comparing this to Cheney telling a democrat on Capitol Hill to "Fuck Off". No contest - Kerry kept her words PG and this reporter was egging her on to get a reponse to a statement in which she was supposedly misquoted to begin with.
 
With so much bias in the country you need to get out and vote, no matter if you are a just-turned-18 punk rocker or a die-hard rap fan, the future of our country rests on those who voice their choice November 2nd. Personally, I lean more towards the first description as I listen to a change of pace in radio.

No comments: