Wednesday, July 07, 2004

MORE COWBELL!

That's right, "Anchorman" opens Friday in theatres and the buzz surrounding it is huge. It is being called one of the ten funniest movies ever made and even rated five stars. All I can say is "Great Caesar's Ghost". You might want to refrain from buying the usual movie theatre snacks and drinks to avoid choking from laughing so damn much. I also heard that you should go to an early show to avoid urine soaked seats from theatre patron's fits of uncontrolled laughter.

In the vein of movies like "Airplane" this film has rude humor, off-color remarks, pointless gags and priceless lines and precisely timed remarks which will definitely catch you off guard. I regret that I won't be able to catch it on opening weekend due to other previous plans but I can already say it will land in my growing DVD collection of oddball films which only further define my personality.

Exclusive clips courtesy of Dreamworks can be viewed here. The first one is short and I haven't even seen it yet but I think you may giggle a bit. Or alot.

In other movie news, the Ashton Kutcher redefining role in "The Butterfly Effect" debuted on DVD yesterday and I already have it in my stash of discs at home. I recommend at least renting it as Kutcher plays something other than a bumbling dick-hole with the intelligence of a three-year-old. It could change his career if he decides to pass on the next Stiller-like role handed his way. It would suck for Ashton to be type-cast for life like so many others before him.

No comments: