Thursday, May 06, 2004

Hit the rewind button

I hate hearing the word rewind... particularly when it is used as a lyric in a song. Why? Is it really necessary to use this? I know that the "world of hip-hop" is far different from both the world I grew up in and the world I currently live in. Hell, I remember whn hip-hop was just beginning to break into the mainstream with artists like MC Hammer, Coolio and yes, even Vanilla Ice. And if you say that a white boy rapping isn't cool, take a look at the success of Detroit-born Eminem (AKA Marshall Mathers, Slim Shady). But back to the real point, the word rewind. Oops, REEEWIIIIND! Damn, what's the deal with that? I don't profess to understand everything but never in day to day conversation have I heard THAT word used quite THAT way. Sure, maybe at the movie store, back when tapes were popular, maybe the clerk would have stopped mid sentence... professing the way to avoid extra charges... "Don't forget to REEEEWIIIIND beeotch." I probably would have ended up in some long, drawn out verbal argument with this FUBU wearing wannabe. Then I would have brought the tape back without rewinding it, just to spite this hipster dumbass.

Thank God for DVDs. Don't have to rewind those. Sorry, REEEEWIIIND.

Stay tuned.

No comments: