Thursday, March 25, 2004

A recommended purchase...

If you like comedy at all, you must run to the nearest store where quality DVDs are sold and get Saturday Night Live's Best of Will Ferrell. I picked it up yesterday after work only due to the fact that my local superstore didn't have Cannonball Run anywhere in the store which disappointed me. I then figured that Will Ferrell is as much of a comedic genius as Burt Reynolds so I'll give it a shot.

I have so far watched about 30 minutes of it and as always, the Celebrity Jeopardy skits crack me up. The one featured so far is with French Stewart, Burt Reynolds and Sean Connery as players. It involves an oversized foan novelty hat worn by Turd Ferguson and an insult resulting in the words "Suck It Trebeck" being displayed on one player's podium.

My all-time favorite skit on this disc and maybe for all time on SNL is "More Cowbell" featuring Christopher Walken as a music producer recording Blue Oyster Cult's Don't Fear the Reaper. Hilarious is an understatement. Seeing Will Ferrell wearing a definitely seventies style shirt while bouncing around a recording studio "playing the hell out of a cowbell" is more than I could handle. I was lifting weights during this one and almost dropped the weights directly on my chest. I don't know what possessed me to even try to be productive during a Will Ferrell performance.

I'll get around to the rest of the disc sometime soon and fill in the rest of the hilarious details for everyone.

Stay tuned.

No comments: